In the professional setting of counsellors, social workers, psychologist, youth workers and pastors there seems to be a focus on equipping professionals to either work therapeutically with adults or with young children. But what about that ‘in-between’ age group!? In our practice alone, we have seen a major increase in requests for counselling for teenagers. This; not-yet-adults, but-not-kids-anymore; age group is in desperate need of age appropriate intervention and assistance, and yet we have identified a huge lack in training or courses that can adequately equip professionals in the field of working with teenagers.
In this 2 day course, put together by Anschel Pieterson ( Social Worker in Private Practice) and Alicia Coertze (Specialist Wellness Counsellor with special focus on Teenagers), various aspects with regards to working with teenagers will be discussed and practical implementation thereof will be outlined.
What you can expect from this course:
- Comprehensive Theory of Attachment; focusing on teenagers
- A brief look at Childhood Development with special focus on Adolescent Development
- How to work with, and what to expect from teenagers in a counselling setting
- How to build a solid and trusting relationship with a teenager
- 55+ practically applicable tools to use with teenagers for different themes such as:
- Loss & Grief
- Emotional Regulation
- Exploration and MORE!
- How to handle difficult situations like cutting and suicide
- Ethics in working with children under the age of 18 years
ASCHP/CCSA: external points
SACSSP: 6 CPD Points
R2750 pp (Includes 2 days of training, 55+ practical tools that can be used in the counselling room, handouts, and more!)