This workshop is ideal for people working with couples E.g. social workers, ministers, pastors, marriage counsellors, trauma counsellors.
Working with people who have been emotionally abused can be very challenging. They doubt their own reality, feel confused and overwhelmed and get trapped in the traumabond. In order to counsel effectively, we need to understand the complexities of abuse. Emotional abuse can take place within any relationship – marriage, dating relationship, parental relationship or friendships.
In this workshop we will look at the following:
- What is abuse (emotional, verbal, physical and narcissistic abuse)
- Why do certain people abuse their partners
- Who is vulnerable to emotional abuse
- What is the traumabond
- How the traumabond is broken
- How to work with the emotionally abused client
- And much more!
6 CPD ASCHP/CCSA